Open Gear Sump™ is a high viscosity, synthetic open gear lubricant designed for use with slow moving open gear drives on rotary equipment such as kilns, dryers, and ball mills. Open Gear Sump can be applied via sump or bath applications. Uniquely formulated, Open Gear Sump provides the protection of a high viscosity lubricant at elevated operating temperatures and also stays fluid at cooler temperatures, such as when equipment is shutdown, aiding in trouble free startup. Open Gear Sump was created with additional extreme pressure additives and friction modifiers to further assist in the separation of gear teeth during the sliding motion encountered on slow-moving gears.
Features and Benefits
• High viscosity synthetic lubricant designed for use at low and elevated temperatures
• Oxidation-resistant additives provide extended drain levels
• Extreme pressure additives aid in gear tooth separation at slow speeds
• Lubricant stays fluid at cooler temperatures when equipment is down aiding in trouble free startups
• Traditional sump open gear lubricants have issues of build up of solids on gear and in sump, but Open Gear Sump is formulated to prevent such buildup
KILNS, DRYERS, DIGESTERS
Always remember to consult with an expert and check compatibility with other products prior to using. Call us to set up a conference call.
Pictured: 1. Open Gear Sump adhered to pinion.
2. Open Gear Sump adhered to girth gear.
For: Kilns, Dryers, Ball Mills, Sag Mills, Rod Mills, Balling Discs, Quenchers, Mixers
For: Stop blocks, support pads and inner tire bore on rotary kilns and dryers
For: Kilns, Dryers, Mixers, Drive Systems
For: Dryers, Kilns, Ball Mills
For: Tire/Support Roller Lubrication Blocks, Thrust Roller/Tire Lubrication Block
For: Grearboxes and hydraulic reservoirs
For: Girth Gear and Pinions
For: Entire Plant